Watch Aljazeera for latest update
Malaysian, if you are in Japan click here
8 April 2011 – 7.1 magnitud earthquake in Japan
Credited from Yahoo News
A magnitude 8.9 earthquake slammed Japan‘s northeastern coast Friday, unleashing a 13-foot (4-meter) tsunami that swept boats, cars, buildings and tons of debris miles inland. Fires triggered by the quake burned out of control up and down the coast.
At least one person was killed and there were reports of several injuries in Tokyo, hundreds of kilometers (miles) away, where buildings shook violently through the main quake and the wave of massive aftershocks that followed.
TV footage showed waves of muddy waters sweeping over farmland near the city of Sendai, carrying buildings, some on fire, inland as cars attempted to drive away.
“This is a rare major quake, and damages could quickly rise by the minute,” said Junichi Sawada, an official with Japan’s Fire and Disaster Management Agency.
Below is a picture I found on Twitter, a victim asking for help with a message;
‘A tsunami just hit. I am taking pictures from the second floor of my house. The flooding continues and I am afraid of being left behind. Please come to my rescue!!’
PS: I will stay away from trading YEN because Japan is facing tremendous disaster, the risk of uncontrollable event!
UPDATE: Pacific Tsunami Warning Center warning for Hawaii also includes Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Central and South America
- 5 perkara paling mengarut yg anda tak nak tengok
- Hyderabad - bandar lama yg wajib anda lawati
- Melancong percuma ke negara yg popular ni!
- Pernah anda tengok cookie monster?
- Mudahkan hidup anda dengan ketahui teknik ini
- Hanya ibu bapa sahaja akan faham seronoknya hal ini
- Baca ni jika anda pengguna Estee Lauder
- Melancong percuma jika anda ada ASTRO
- Melancong ke Filipina percuma?
- Comel melampau-lampau budak ni