Axiata will sponsor a limited number of deserving young individuals who have gained entry into one of the top universities* in the United Kingdom in the specified course of study. Below is the preferred list for identified courses at the selected universities:
*this list is based on the Times Higher Education Ranking based on fields of study
Axiata will also accept applications for degrees in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Investment, Law and Arts degrees that are relevant to the telco industry from the following universities:
• University of Edinburgh
• King’s College London
• Durham University
• University of Manchester
• Royal Holloway
• University of St Andrews
• School of Oriental and African Studies
The Young Talent Programme will cover the full duration of the university degree, subject to Axiata Group Berhad’s terms and conditions. The programme’s coverage includes all tuition fees, text books, boarding, travel and laptops*. A non-curriculum fund will be provided for students to participate in the school based extra-curricular activities.
In addition to the school related fees, Axiata Group Berhad will also bear the full cost of the Ax-Factor programmes and initiatives.
*Subject to Terms and Conditions
Application for the Young Talent Programme must be submitted to Axiata Group Berhad by the due date.
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia.
- The applicant must have a conditional offer from one of the listed universities in the types of degrees listed.
- The applicant must have achieved at least 4 As in STPM, and a forecasted result of ABB in A Levels, 36 points in IB, 99% TER for South Australian Matriculation, a minimum 3.7 GPA for American Degree Programme or a 98% in International Canadian Pre-University.
- The applicant must be proficient in English, and any other spoken and written languages are favorable.
- The applicant must consistently display active participation in sports, clubs and societies, and/or the performing arts.
- The offer is subject to terms and conditions in relation to the student’s performance in academic and extra-curricular activities. Successful candidates will be required to attend further assessments and interviews.