PETALING JAYA: Local TV station 8TV will pull out its controversial Ramadhan Public Service Announcements (PSA), following criticism and public outrage. Media Prima chief executive officer Ahmad Izham Omar sent out a tweet Tuesday that they were withdrawing the PSAs.
“Ok guys. We’re pulling out the ads. Thank you very much for your concern,” he tweeted. The PSAs drew a lot of flak from the online community, which accused the station of stereotyping and being racist.
All three announcements, which run for 30 seconds respectively, show the same Chinese girl acting obnoxiously in different situations at Ramadhan bazaar stalls. They depict her being rude, greedy and dressing inappropriately in a public space.
The announcements are then followed by public service messages urging viewers to act appropriately. All the ads end with three 8TV presenters telling people not to get carried away and to understand the significance of Ramadhan, before wishing its viewers Selamat Berpuasa (Happy fasting).
- Melancong ke dunia lain
- Handphone pertama saya tahun 2003 macam ni lah
- Zaman di U, semua org makan benda ni
- Gambar 3D cool mewl dibuat oleh orang Malaysia
- Orang perempuan mesti suka benda ni
- Problem yg Cina je akan faham
- Pengguna internet macam anda kena tahu hal ini
- Ambil gambar selfie pun boleh dapat hadiah
- Melancong ke Filipina percuma?
- Comel melampau-lampau budak ni