SERDANG: Perdana University was launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on Monday.
Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was named the university’s first chancellor.
The university, a collaboration with world-renowned Johns Hopkins and the Royal College of Surgeons, saw the first intake of 30 medical students.
In his speech, Najib said the presence of the university would help put Malaysia on the world map for excellence in education and research in medicine.
About Perdana University
In collaboration with Johns Hopkins Medicine, Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine is an integrated academic medical center with Johns Hopkins values: excellence, discovery and innovation in medical education, research and patient care. The University encompasses a graduate school of medicine, a teaching hospital and a research enterprise. See a printable brochure that provides a comprehensive overview of Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine.
Perdana University offers:
- A collaboration with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, a global leader in medical education, research and patient care
- A post-baccalaureate medical school that includes a fully integrated teaching hospital and basic and clinical science research enterprise
- A graduate medical education after the American model
- A curriculum based upon Genes to Society, an innovative approach to medical education researched, developed, streamlined and used by the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Student-centered medical education with outstanding permanent faculty, as well as visiting faculty from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- A commitment to innovative research